Events

CalPaws fundraiser at Rock & Brews, Buena Park

0 replies · 44 views · 1 votes

Events
Vesuvius
Vesuvius
joined 4 months ago · 4 posts · 6 hours ago

Went out to the California Paws Rescue fundraiser at Rock & Brews yesterday. I know most of the people at the rescue at this point, so it's less an event and more catching up with everyone and seeing how the dogs are doing.

Ozzy

The brindle and white in the bandana is Ozzy, and he's a special one. He was CalPaws' longest resident and had a rough go for a lot of different reasons. I worked with him when he first got there. Then somebody awesome took him in, and yesterday was the first time I'd seen him in a long time. He was doing so well I didn't even recognize him. He recognized me. So obviously I stopped and photographed him.

Two CalPaws dogs in the pool

The two in the kiddie pool are CalPaws dogs. It was a pretty warm day, so the pool had cold water and ice in it, and they claimed it. I never caught their names.

Justice

The dark brindle in the harness is Justice. He's a previous CalPaws dog. One of the board members adopted him and she brings him to all the events.

Gump

And the white one with the big grin is Gump. He's a recent rescue and he's being fostered right now. He arrived in such bad shape they didn't think he was going to make it. He pulled through and bounced back, and now he's just happy to be with somebody who loves him.

Anyone who donated 50 dollars or more went home with an original angel painting by Gigi Rice, through the Riley Deebo Project. Good day for a good rescue.

California Paws Rescue is a verified rescue here on Bull Terrier Rescue Network, and every dog they have available is listed on the site. If one of these faces got to you, that is where to start: see the CalPaws dogs.

1
Reply

Replies

Join the conversation

Sign in or create an account to reply. Posts are public and visible to anyone.